How to Avoid a Spooky Halloween Plumbing Scare
Halloween is that time of the year where people enjoy the scary scenes that await them, but do you know what a real Halloween terror scene is? Leaky valves, rumbling noise from the pipes, odd smells, howling in the plumbing system, these are the scenes from real horror which can ruin your Halloween!
For your peace of mind this Halloween season, here’s how to avoid a spooky plumbing scare:
- Don’t Put Pumpkin Remains Down the Drain
- The worst scare can come after Halloween. The dense remains of the pumpkin guts, rinds, and seeds do not belong in the drain. Be mindful of how you dispose of these elements, as they can damage your disposal blades, pipes, and the whole system.
- Don’t Ignore Spooky Sounds from Your Pipes
- Frightening sounds might not scare you anymore, but the sudden banging, rattling, or the squealing of your pipes is a different story. If you haven’t done your plumbing maintenance yet, then you may have loose pipes or high water pressure causing these strange sounds. Call a professional plumber to investigate and fix the issue.
- Don’t Treat Your Toilet Like A Trash Can
- If you have kids or relatives joining in for this spooky season, your toilet might be at risk. Putting candy wrappers, pumpkin seeds, leftover Halloween makeup, and other similar things can clog the toilet, making it unusable. Remind your guests and family members not to flush anything other than toilet paper and waste.
- Don’t Let Your Faucets Keep Dripping
- Are you aware that a simple drip can add up to extra gallons of wasted water? It may not be noticeable, but a single drip that you ignore may be the one to scare you once when you see your water bill.
Should you experience a Halloween disaster, call (817) 453-8028 right away. At KMP Plumbing, Heating and Air, we provide solutions to all your plumbing and HVAC scares.