How to Know If You Have a Slab Leak
Have you noticed an increase on your water bill? Do you hear water running all the time? You may have a water leak behind the scenes.
SLAB LEAK DETECTION AND REPAIR
If you have hot areas on your floor, wet spots, high gas and water bills or hear water running you may have what is known as a slab leak, a hole in one of the copper water lines running below your concrete slab.
HOW PLUMBING WATER SUPPLY WORKS –
The water that comes into your home is under pressure.
As water comes into your home, it passes through a meter that registers the amount used. Pressure allows water to travel upstairs, around corners, or wherever else it’s needed. (Unlike the homes drainage system, that works with gravity, using traps and vents.)
- The main supply line comes in around the homes foundation (crawl space or under the slab) carrying only cold water.
- Next, to the water heater that generates hot water for the entire house.
- Hot and cold supply lines then run from the water heater throughout the house and supply water to each fixture.
SLAB LEAK – SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- increase in water usage on water bill
- hear water running all the time
- saturated/soaked area in the yard
- hot areas on your floor